The Metal X
Production 3D Printer
Say Hello to ADAM
Why choose the Metal X?
- It gives you the ability to quickly change your material (for example: from stainless steel to titanium)
- There are no powder health and safety issues with the metal and wax cord mix.
- The price point of this system is less than £90,000
A team that supports you. At HK3D we provide:
Technical & Application Support
A Manufacturing Centric Focus
A Bureau & Demo Capability
Metal X: Print Large, High Resolution Parts
The build volume of the Metal X gives automotive, industrial, aerospace and other industries a new way to rapidly create key components, custom pieces and spare parts. With 50 micron resolution layer height, your parts will come out of the printer with precision details that further resolve after the sintering process.
- 303 & 17-4 Stainless Steel (BETA)
- 6061 & 7075 Aluminum (BETA)
- A-2 & D-2 Tool Steel (BETA)
- Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (BETA)
17-4 stainless steel combines high strength, corrosion resistance, and hardness, making it widely used in aerospace, medical and petroleum industries. We use it for assembly fixtures and tooling on the Mark X.
7075 Aluminum is one of the strongest aluminum alloys. With good fatigue strength and a high strength-to-weight ratio, this alloy is stronger than common structural steels (A36, 1018). We use it on the kinematic coupling in the bed of the Mark X. It’s also common in aerospace and automotive racing.
The high carbon and chromium content of D-2 tool steel provides great hardness and abrasion resistance (but not as tough as A-2). D-2 is often used for cutting tools.