The Revolutionary All-in-One Software Solution
A Single Integrated Solution
There is no longer a need for several different solutions to get the job done. 3DXpert offers everything you need – importing data, optimising the geometry and lattice creation, calculating the scan path, arranging the build platform, sending it to the printer and even machining of the final product when necessary.
With HK3D Solutions you have a partner who can install, train and support you all the way to being the Xpert.
3DXpert Work Process
1. Import Data
- Import data from all CAD formats (B-rep, DXF, IGES, STEP, VDA, Parasolid (including binary), SAT (ACIS), STL and SAB), native read formats including PMI data (such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, CATIA, Creo Elements/Pro, Siemens NX, SolidWorks and SolidEdge) as well as virtually all Mesh formats.
- Take advantage of continued work with B-rep data (solids and surfaces). Reading B-rep geometry without downgrading to mesh maintains data integrity including analytic geometry, part topology and color coding. This allows preparing the part for printing using history based parametric features.
- Start working immediately with automated healing of both STL and B-rep geometry.
2. Position Geometry
- Position parts on the printer tray, with visualisation of gas flow and Recoater/Roller directions.
- Set part orientation with real-time analysis of support and down-facing areas. Automated orientation optimisation allows keeping tray area and supports to the minimum necessary.
- Apply scaling to compensate for part shrinkage during the build.
- Use a rich set of parametric and history-based hybrid (b-rep and mesh) CAD tools as well as advanced direct modelling tools to improve part printability and for post-build operations (e.g., close holes and add material for machining, modify geometry due to printability constraints).
3. Optimise Structure
- Use Micro Lattice to save weight and material. A groundbreaking volume representation technology (V-Rep) allows for lightning-fast creation, editing, and visual manipulation of micro lattices, seamlessly combining the power of lattice structures with history-based parametric features.
- Optimize lattice structures by creating radial lattices to better fit circular parts, defining your own lattice cell structures, and applying variable lattice thickness based on FEA stress analysis.
- Import lattice structures designed by other systems.
- Apply surface lattice to medical parts using V-Rep technology. Add volumetric texture to the outer shell of implants and other medical models to create the required porosity.
- Hollow out parts using infills to reduce weight and material. Sweep based on a broad 2D pattern library to form internal walls within the part.
- Use a full set of CAD tools to mend the part (e.g. offset surfaces or holes size) and adjust it to the selected printer if required.
4. Design Supports
- Analyse the part to find regions that require supports, or manually define regions.
- Easily create supports of any type (wall, lattice, solid, cone and skirt supports). Use a rich tool set to fragmentise, tilt, and offset supports to simplify their removal and minimise material requirements.
- Define, save, and reuse your own templates for automating the creation of supports that fit your needs. Use higher level meta-templates to automate support creation for the entire part with just a single click.
- Eliminate the need to use supports in hard to reach areas. Define special printing strategies to ensure printing integrity without building supports.
- Perform quick analysis to identify areas with potential stress and adjust supports design to prevent part distortion.
5. Optimise Printing Strategies
- Use Zoning technology to apply various print strategies to different areas of the part – reducing printing time and improving surface quality.
- Accelerate printing time with automated assignment of optimal print strategies to relevant objects (supports, lattices, etc.). Manually assign faster print strategies to internal volumes or zones that do not require high surface quality.
- Achieve better surface quality by assigning more accurate printing strategies to specific zones (e.g., small features, high surface quality, circular areas).
- Eliminate the need to divide the part into separate objects and avoid weak spots and lines – using automated fusion of zones with different print strategies to maintain part integrity.
6. Calculate Scan-path
- Enjoy intelligent scan path calculation based on a combination of zoning and part geometry.
- Validate the print process with a quick and accurate preview of the actual scan path for selected slices prior to fully calculating the entire part.
- Use the Scan Path Viewer to review the calculated contours and hatches.
- Shorten calculation time by offloading and distributing the calculation to additional computers.
- Get the most out of your printer using pre-defined best practice parameters for each machine, material, and print strategy, or develop your own printing strategies with unprecedented control over scan path calculation methods and parameters.
7. Arrange Build Platform & Print
- Position the parts to be printed in any desired array on the build platform and combine all of their scan paths.
- Use a range of analysis tools to ensure all parts are ready for printing, enabling you to view the combined scan path and estimate print time, material consumption, and overall costs.
- Finally, send the optimal combined scan path to your printer.
8. Perform Post-printing Operations
- Use robust machining and drilling programming tools to remove supports, machine high-quality surface areas, and drill, tap or rim holes.
- Enjoy the benefits of using a single system by automatically receiving printing preparation data as stock (including support geometry, support region contours, and machining offset objects), and apply smart machining templates to them.
Partner with the 3D Experts
As a leading manufacturer of direct metal printers as well as pro-grade software for manufacturing, 3D Systems is uniquely positioned to deliver a complete solution that answers the needs of professional users, no matter what printer they use.